FAQ for TheCall Detroit
|Do I need to register? Is it free?
Registration is free and is required. Please pre-register at http://thecalldetroit2011.eventbrite.com. Walk-in registration begins at 12:00noon on Friday, November 11th on Brush Street Concourse at Ford Field for those unable to pre-register online.
What should I bring?
Bring your bible, a pen and notebook. You will not be allowed to bring refreshments into Ford Field. The concessions stands will be open. Please remember that you are solely responsible for any personal items you bring to the event.
Am I allowed to bring a sleeping bag or a pillow?
No sleeping bags or pillows will be allowed into the stadium. If you become too tired to stay engaged, we ask that you return to your hotel or make other sleeping arrangements.
What other items are prohibited?
No instruments, banners, or signs will be allowed into Ford Field. Additionally, below is a list of prohibited items published by Ford Field. It will be strictly adhered to. Or download a printable PDF of this document .
Can I bring product to sell?
Merchandise cannot be sold during TheCall events.
Can I bring my own food or drinks to TheCall?
No outside food or drinks (including water) will be allowed into the stadium. The concession stands will be open during the event.
Where should I park? Is parking free?
Please visit the Maps & Parking Page for parking maps and prices.
I am bringing a bus. Will there be a special place for me to park?
There will be one pay parking lot dedicated to buses, and it will be first come first serve. Please visit the Maps & Parking Page for more information and a map to Bus Parking.
Will there be any public transportation during the event?
There are a few different ways to get around downtown Detroit. One option is www.thepeoplemover.com, which has a station approximately one block from Ford Field. Also, there is www.smartbus.org.
Is seating general admission?
Yes. Seating is general admission first come, first serve.
What time do the doors open?
The doors will open at 4:30pm.
What gates will be open?
Only Gates A, B and G will be open for general admission. Please visit the Maps & Parking Page for a map of Ford Field.
Items NOT Permitted in Ford Field
||The items not permitted into Ford Field are in accordance with NFL Best Practices and
are strictly enforced during Detroit Lions home football games and stadium events.
Prior to gate entry, guests should return these items to their vehicles.
Ford Field is not responsible for any items left at the gates or in the trash receptacles.
Under no circumstances will the items be checked at the gates.
Prohibited items may also be confiscated by staff.
Ford Field reserves the right to expand or modify the items prohibited at any time.
|Prohibited and Restricted Items:
- Aerosol cans (hair spray, mace, pepper spray, etc.)
- Animals (except service animals to aid guests with disabilities)
- Backpacks, luggage, grocery & paper bags, duffle bags, large bags, large purses or large camera cases
- Balloons (air or helium)
- Balls (beach balls, footballs, baseballs, etc.)
- Banners or flags on poles
- Cameras with lenses longer than five inches
- Coolers of any kind, including small soft pack coolers
- Decals, stickers, confetti or glitter
- Electronic equipment (including laptop computers, video recorders, video cameras and tripods)
- Food, beverages or liquids (cans, bottles or boxes)
- Illegal substances
- Laser pointers
- Markers (permanent) and/or paint
- Noisemaking devices (bells, horns, kazoos, whistles, shofars, etc.)
- Objects that can be used as missiles or projectiles (sticks, bats, clubs, frisbees, etc.)
- Sleeping bags, pillows, blankets, air mattresses, portable chairs, etc.
- Strollers and infant/car seats or carriers
- Weapons (No weapons are allowed in the Stadium. Possession of a firearm or any other weapon is strictly forbidden. Possession of such a weapon will result in immediate confiscation, ejection and possible arrest.)
|The following items will be permitted
- Binoculars and binocular cases
- Cameras and small camera cases (must comply with the camera lens limit)
- Diaper bags (only if accompanied by a child)
- Small bags, purses, fanny packs, camera & binocular cases must comply with the maximum size for entry, 8 1/2” x 14” x 10”
- Small radios (must be used with an earpiece)
- Signs & clothing must comply with standards of taste and decency; no profane or offensive messages. Signs must not block another guest’s view.
Download a printable PDF of this document